Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sinister Innocence

http://nevydames.blogspot.com
Some people seem to have a natural aversion to the mistakes that other people make.  While I don't condone the notion of continuously making the same mistakes while justifying them with the ideology that "we're only human"; something about this way of thinking always bothered me.  

At first I thought perhaps it's because I've made my share of mistakes and I don't like the feeling of being counted out.  But I learned to accept that no matter what I am in life, someone will always count me out.  So that was not the problem.  I also thought maybe I dislike this way of thinking simply because I dislike generalizations; but that's not quite it either.

Well, this morning I read something on facebook and somehow the reason just slapped me in the face this time:

"There is something far more sinister about a person who is able to hide their demons than those who wear their carelessness on their sleeves."

The person who is more careless is easy to reprimand, but the one who cleverly hides their deceit is difficult to fault.  The person who runs behind popular culture but continuously falls is easy to deny and to not want around because their lack of direction is obvious.  But the cunningness of the one's who master the art of putting on the mask...they are the one's who should be feared.

I may expand on it later; but for now, it's just a thought.

Live Consciously

Follow @NevyDames on Twitter

No comments: